This site-built, golf front Florida house for rent is a short golf cart ride over the highway on the golf cart bridge
to Spanish Springs Town Square in "the best retirement golf community of all" (that's
our opinion and a lot of Villagers' opinions). Our home is available for short or long term rental options.
Our new veranda floor by Artisticrete - love how it came out (Nov 2012)!
Our favorite feature is the glorious view of sunset and sitting out on the verandah
early in the morning to watch early golfers come by. We had the house plan turned around when we built it so that
the living room and its big windows face the golf course. You can even catch a glance of the golf course and
sunset views from the kitchen window, too. When the weather permits windows and both French doors (to the verandah)
to be open, it creates a very open and airy feeling you will enjoy.
The guest bath has a bathtub and the master bath has a large standup shower both with sturdy grab bars. We had the
grab bars installed as the house was being built. The utility room has a full-size washer and dryer right off of
the kitchen and is under heat and a/c. The home has all the comforts of home. We decorated for warmth and comfort
and the comments in our guest book confirm that we've achieved our goal.
and Living Room Golf View
We use the verandah all year with its large space, view of the golf course and paddle fan. You can cook on the grill
out there. We can't emphasize it enough, sunset is gorgeous from the screened room and from the living room. Our
home looks at a putting green of the Silver Lake Executive Golf Course and is east of Hwy 441.
You can also see two tee boxes not too far away. It's fun watching the golfers but also the variety of golf carts
that go by. Fun!
As you will see in our comment book, prior renters tell us how they really enjoyed just relaxing on the verandah
and watching the golfers go by. The view is wide open, with obviously no houses behind us, but also there are no
trees on the golf course to block the golf and sunset views except some lovely old oaks silhouetted against the sunset.
You will enjoy it, too!
Map of Silver Lake Executive Golf Course - the blue 'X' marks where our rental home is located. You're going to love
the panoramic view of sunset silhouetted with beautiful huge old oak trees. It's beautiful.
Nearest Neighborhood Pool
the photos to the right and below for the nearest neighborhood pool to our rent home. You have free access
to enjoy it while renting and with your Villages ID. There are many other pools you have access to but this is the
walked it in the past and it’s not a bad walk. By car we measured it right at one mile not as the crow flies.
There's a nice covered area with tables. We love to sit in the hot tub for a while then go into the pool then back
into the hot tub. It's exhilarating.
Nearby Entertainment Venues
Our rental home is very near all of the multiple major entertainment venues:
- Katie Belle’s Spanish Springs Town Square - late night entertainment
- Church on the Square Spanish Springs Town Square - Quality & variety in entertainment. In
the prior low season, many event prices were for only $2 at the door. The line gets long during high season and
the price is higher then but are still quite
reasonable for very good and varied entertainment.
Regional Center - Plays & Performers (we saw The Lettermen, Mel Tillis, 42nd Street and Hello Dolly
and a dance show of people from American Idol & So You Think You Can Dance at the Savannah this year). We
heard The Drifters were great but we had to miss it.
- Tierra Del Sol - Opera Night usually once a month during high
- Hacienda Regional Center - Often there is ballroom dancing events here, too, if you like that
- Rialto Movie Theatres On Spanish Springs Town Square - VERY comfortable seats
and great new shows you want to see on the big screen while they are there
There are others like Lake Sumter Landing town square and Brownwood town square that are easily accessible by
golf cart and auto, respectively. The new Brownwood center is fun but a long way even from Lake Sumter.
Nearest Championship Golf Courses
rental home is near some of the prettiest courses of the original Villages. All year, they are the least
expensive because they are older, not because they are less challenging or less pretty.
These great original Villages Championship Golf courses beautiful (and challenging) courses, with their mature trees
and lovely landscaping, are nearest our rental home:
- Orange Blossom Hills CC (if you only play 9 holes, we like the back 9 the best)
- Glenview CC (our favorite for beautiful Country Club restaurant but they
are all nice)
- Hacienda Hills CC
- Tierra Del Sol CC (back 9 is BEAUTIFUL natural Florida )
- [Nancy] Lopez Legacy is near the Mulberry Rec Center and a bit of a distance but not too far and a lovely golf
cart ride out. Cane Garden is not too far beyond Sumter Lake Town Center and Lake Miona Rec Center and not a bad
golf cart ride out. Mallory Hill is about even with Cane Garden except to the East and Cane Garden is to the West.
These are sample price lists for the championship courses for the Fall and Winter 2011/2012.
Nearest Executive Golf Courses
Because of the lovely beauty of their mature
trees, you probably will find these original Villages Executive Golf Courses your favorites as we do:
- Hilltop - beautiful panoramic hill view
- Silver Lake (photo right)- long fairways; two par 4 holes; the only course that you can drive a golf cart on,
even on the par 3 holes, without a handicap tag
- Mira Mesa - our favorite for beauty - it winds among the houses and trees; again two par 4 holes
- Chula Vista - was plain when it was built but now has matured with the lovely trees and lake view that it's great.
- De La Vista - definitely a challenging course with two long par 4 holes and many long par 3 holes
- easiest of the seven nearby courses but is still challenging from the black tees and excellent if you are new
at golf from the green and gold tees
- El Diablo - the devil you say... try it, you'll like it
Of course there’s
lots more Executive Golf Courses (30 now) that you have access to. The green fees are fully waived with your Villages
ID. If you purchase the annual trail fee (about $141.00 per year), you will not pay anything in the way of cart fee
on any of the Executive Courses for the year.
Whether golfing the nearby courses or the distant courses, if you choose to walk an Executive course (most are GREAT
for that), you can easily drive to it and use the pull carts that we've left in the utility garage for our renters
use.We've used walking the Executive Golf Courses as a non-exercise type of exercise for our health. It's 'non-exercise'
because it is such a pleasant way to exercise, it doesn't seem like exercise at all. Be sure to walk fast for the
best exercise benefit.
Other Nearby Activities
Remote Control Boats - Lake Mira Mar by Spanish Springs Town Center. You can also register for the monthly kayak
ride on this lake through Savannah Rec Center.
Cruise Ins - on Spanish Springs Town Square - Takes me back!! Lovely.
Petanqeu (Pe-Tonk) - at Paradise Park - view through Dog Park fence and the Golf Cart bridge over Hwy 441 &
(it is like bocce but played on the dirt ground)
Early Morning Golf at Mira Mesa Executive Golf Course (first hole looking towards the lake) - Had to get that
golf in again...
Old Oak - on Orange Blossom Hills Championship Golf Course (can you tell that I love the beauty as much as the
7th Hole - Chula Vista Executive Golf Course
Ever wanted to learn archery? Become an active member of
The Villages Archery Club and learn and help others
learn! (Near Paradise Park)
Bring Your Bike - photo taken by Hacienda Hills Championship Golf Course
Transportation - golf cart rental automobile rental
There are two transportation considerations for you to make for your visit to The Villages and our rental home:
- Golf Cart Rental
We will be glad to provide a list of known golf
cart rental companies or individuals and their contact info. You definitely should rent or purchase a golf
cart. It's great for golf, of course, to have your own in The Villages but is also a main mode of transportation
around The Villages. Note, most deliver the golf cart to our rental home for you and pick it up again when you
end your rental with us so it can be very easy for you.You can get to SO much by golf cart, it's is amazing. Be
sure and figure out how to get to Cracker Barrel, Beall's Dept. Store and Lowes from our rental home via golf
cart. Let us know if you want help finding the way.
Whether you rent or own a golf cart while living in The Villages, you might consider renting a 4-seater golf
cart when you have company. We recommend you be sure it has a curved bar in the back for back-seat people to
hang on to and also check how the golf bags go on, if you are golfers. They're really great for conversation
while moving around The Villages and can be less expensive if you split that cost between two couples. Maybe
you can trade your golf cart in temporarily for a 4-seater when you have company and just pay the difference.
It's worth checking. You probably cannot do this during high season.
- Automobile Rental vs Airport Shuttle
You may be able to bypass renting an automobile entirely or just rent it for short periods for day trips because
you have access to so much via golf carts within The Villages. These are the two airport shuttles to & from
the Orlando International Airport that you and/or your guests might want to use during your stay.
We have visitors coming so checked car rental rates - it costs up to twice as much to rent at the airport versus
at a auto rental in the villages.
- In the Village of Silver Lake, The Villages, FL 32159 - an active adult gated retirement community (the BEST
as we see it and we're pretty sure you will agree!!)
- Golf course home - living room and verandah view of putting and next tee box
- NO HOUSES BEHIND!!! Look out over 8th hole putting of the Silver Lake Executive Golf Course
- LARGE verandah/screen room faces the golf course and spectacular sunsets
- 2 bedroom; 2 bath; living/dining room; fully equipped kitchen, full washer and dryer in house
- 1 car carport and golf cart utility garage
- High Speed WIRELESS Internet connection in home (multiple users can log into the network)
- Gas grill, two lounge chairs, paddle fan and table with four chairs on the verandah
- King bed in master bedroom and queen bed in second bedroom
- Full washer and dryer within air conditioned home (not in a garage)
- Master bath - large standup shower with strong grab bar installed when we built the house
- Guest bath - full bathtub/shower with strong grab bar installed when we built the house
- Kitchen appliances - refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, disposal, microwave
- Furniture, Kitchen utensils and linens, bedroom and bath linens
- Two Golf pull carts available for your use while renting. Executive golf courses (29 of them) have no fee if
you walk on. You do need to get a tee time in advance.
See LARGE copies of the photos by clicking
on any photo then arrow through the larger photos.
||Golf Course View of Our Home
|John & Susan in the kitchen - on closing day in May 1993
|Golf Course View
from our Verandah
|Misty Zoom to Golfer (golf
view from verandah)
|Golf Course View to Sunset
(but they get much
better than this...)
||Golf Course Visitors (beautiful Florida birds)
|View of Golf Course from dining room
|Living Room into Verandah
through French Doors
|Lake Sumter Landing -
at The Villages, Fl
|Lighthouse Tower at Lake Sumter Landing at The Villages, Fl
|Nightly Entertainment - at The Villages, Fl (this photo at Spanish Springs
|Golf Carts Everywhere at Spanish Springs Town Square at The Villages,
|Looking towards Katie Belle's at Spanish Springs Town Square at The Villages,
Stores, Restaurants, Polo, ++
Conveniently enjoy all that Spanish Springs Town Square has to offer (free entertainment every night). While Lake
Sumter Landing Town Square is bit more of a distance, you can easily access it by golf cart. Our home is very close
to many new stores accessible by golf cart day or night including Staples, Circuit City, Target, Petco, Carrabas
Restaurant, Publix, Wynn-Dixie, Regional Hospital, Moe's Burrito Restaurant, Applebee's, and Kohl's. We more recently
discovered that we can now get to Lowes, Walmart, Cracker Barrel, Beall's (Dept. Store), Takis (Greek & Italian)
Restaurant (near Beall's; very good food! menu
and Chili's Restaurant via
golf cart. We're excited!! On Spanish Springs Town Square, you also have Ruby Tuesdays, Katie Belle's Saloon
(great breakfast buffet and nightly entertainment/dancing), Starbucks, and Panera Bread! You also have really easy
access to MANY golf courses, recreation centers, restaurants, stores and swimming pools, including the nearby Adult-only
Pool with hot tub. You are even close to medical offices.
During the two seasons annually, be sure to attend a POLO match.
It is unbelievably fun - go to the Club Seating or do golf cart tailgating, it's all great!!
Per their Web site: http://www.thevillagespoloclub.com/
Mid September through the end of November
Mid March through the end of May
Life outside of High Season
Many don't realize
how very nice The Villages are outside of high season (January through March). Some that are listed below are 2008 samples of
fun things to do during April through December that may or may not be repeated annually. Some are more recent entries. It will
give you an idea though.
- Mid-Mar to Mid-May (approx) - Spring Polo Season
- April - Red Hat Parade
- May - Cinco De Mayo celebration; Ladies' Village Cup; Men's Residents Cup
- Summer - Great prices and hours for late afternoon/evening golf!!; Mixed Couples Golf; Camp Villages w/ the Grandkids
(Sept. 2008 article - p28)
- Summer through end of September in 2012 - Twilight Golf (great rates on Championship golf!!)
- June - Executive Golf Trail Championship
- July 4th Patriotic Boat Tour; Great events at the squares, Camp Villages w/ the Grandkids
- Aug. Kayak Demo at Lake Sumter; Twi-light golf - $8 Championship Course 9 holes after 2 pm (no additional fees
w/ your own golf cart); North vs South Tournament
- Sept. - Golf Cart Drive In Theatre; All Ages 5K Road Race; Pro Shoot Out; Men's Village Cup; Women's Residents
Cup and Super Senior Open
- Oct. (first week annually) -
The Executive Golf Trail Scramble
It is the premier event of the calendar each year on the Executive Golf Trail. This annual charity event has raised
thousands of dollars since its inception in 2000. The tournament is a scramble format with three qualifying rounds
and the low nine teams from our men’s and ladies divisions advancing to a final championship round
- Dates in Oct. through early Dec. - Fall Polo Season
- Oct - Octoberfest Festival and Parade; The Villages Masters Athletes Softball Tournament
- Oct. and Nov. - Fall Theatre Season
- Nov. - Veterans Memorial Park (near Spanish Springs) celebrated 10th anniversary of the monument in 2008
- Dec. - The Villages Christmas Parade and Celebration (Golf Cart Parade); Train Expo (Dec.
2008 article - p56); Holiday Entertainment throughout Dec at Church on the Square; Women's Golf Expo
- Classic Car Cruise In - ev 3rd Sat. of the month
- Book Signings
- Monthly - Super Seniors Executive Golf - hosted by The Villages. Occurs monthly year round. You must be
at least 70 years of age to participate. See additional information on golfthevillages.com.
El Santiago - 2nd Friday, Churchill Greens - 3rd Friday and Silverlake - 4th Friday of each month.
- and more...
Golf Price Check
As of March
23, 2006, per a conversation with a Guest Coordinator with The Villages (1 800 346-4556), we were given this information
about golf and renters:
- Renters have access to all executive courses because they take on
the privileges of the home owner while renting. (requires Villages ID - fee $50)
- Executive courses are free with walking, $3.50/per person trail fee (update ao Oct. 2008) if you
are a resident (owner or renter with Villages ID) and use your own cart (they don't rent carts at the executive
courses). We'd recommend renting a golf cart from an area golf cart rental company
for the duration of your stay. It's good for golf and just bopping
around town. With headlights, brake lights and turn signals on your golf cart, you can now use golf carts at night
within The Villages.
- On The Villages Championship 18 hole courses, see sample prices above for Fall and Winter
Summer Twilight Hours:
For years and again during the summer of 2012, the summer twilight rate for unlimited championship course holes
aft 5pm is $6.00 green fee. This great rate was extended to the end of September in 2012.
Some of these numbers have not been updated in a while... there are even more
now but you can see it's great, even with the old numbers.
Villages official site for the most up-to-date counts.
- "Millionaire's Lifestyle" - Active Adult Over 55 Community
- GOLF (Golf numbers ao
Villages Magazine / Golf Special Edition Nov. 2012):
- 11 Championship Courses - Cane Garden, Glenview,
Hacienda Hills, Lopez Legacy, Mallory Hills, Orange Blossom Hills, Palmer Legends, Tierra Del Sol, Havana, Bonifay
and Evans Prairie- as The Villages says on their Web site "Our courses
have played host to professional golf tournaments and we're proud to say that Arnold Palmer and
Nancy Lopez have both built courses here in our friendly hometown."
Some courses have 27 holes. Enjoy a meal at any of the 11 Country Clubs that you are a member of
with your Villages ID.
- 30 Executive Courses (9 hole) (now that the newest 'Palmetto'
is open) -
green fees are free for renters with a Villages ID and free for life as a home owner in The Villages.
They are rated in playability from Level 1 to 4 (4 being the toughest) with normally at least two Par 4
holes and very challenging sand hazards ++ on Level 3 and 4 courses.
- 540 holes of golf
- 84 total 'Tee-to-Green" miles in The Villages
- 134 holes where water comes into play in The Villages
- 2.5 million rounds of golf played in The Villages in 2011
- 5,810,493 golf balls lost on Villages courses in 2011
- Dining - As a renter with a Villages ID or a resident of The Villages you are entitled to "FREE resident
membership in our country clubs... allows you to dine in the country clubs and play golf FREE on our executive
plus there are SO many restaurants available on the squares, in the shopping centers and in the local area.
- Free Nightly Entertainment - three town squares
- Three multi-screen movie theaters - one at each square
- 12 Heated Swimming pools
- Grocery Stores, Restaurants and Recreation Centers with special golf cart parking lots
- 12 miles of recreational trails
- 22 tennis courts
- Shuffle Board
- Recreational Centers (north to south)
rec centers / pools / country clubs map (pdf)
and Rec Center Map - virtual tour links (pdf))
- 8 Regional Rec Centers (Mulberry Grove, Savannah, La Hacienda, Paradise, Laurel Manor, Lake Miona, Sea
Breeze, Colony Cottage)
- 17 Village Rec Centers (Chatham, El Santiago, Tierra Del Sol, Silver Lake, Chula Vista, Saddlebrook, Churchill,
Pimlico, Bridgeport, Hibuscus, Canal, Coconut Cove, Fish Hawk, Allamanda, Bacall, Odell, Truman)
- 25 Neighborhood Rec Centers
- Softball, horseshoes, water volleyball, basketball, dance clubs and classes, table tennis, bingo, bridge, canasta,
chess, computer club, astrology club, clubs for many U.S. states or regions, a POLO Team, Bocce Ball... the list
goes on & on. (most are free to you as a Villages ID holder)
- Adult education classes
- Community Activities
- 2 Bowling Alleys
- Multi-Denominational Church
- Usually fun parades and festivities for Mardi Gras, St Patrick's and Oktoberfest
- As the community grows, they keep adding restaurants, golf courses, other facilities
- If you never played golf, you will still enjoy the MANY activities available to you as a renter in our home.
- Or just enjoy riding in your own or a rented golf cart ALL over the community.
| Area Description:
Whether you are a renter of our home, a potential renter or neither
of the above... enjoy the following links. You are welcome to pass along this Web address to friends/relatives
that might enjoy using the list... maybe someday they will want to rent from us... Bookmark this page -
we add to it often as we find more helpful links.
The Villages sites we've found online:
- The Villages - official
Web site - you can enter the site or click for a free video;
Go to 'Come Visit' for a good video of what The Villages has to offer - and check on our weekly competitive rates (or monthly
rates below) for a vacation or to check if The Villages will be your retirement destination...
- Best Entertainment Calendars
- Rec Calendar (Rec
With the free Villages lessons (with Villages ID) provided in shuffleboard
and bocce ball, we're loving knowing the right way to play and new strategies but there's also
tennis, water activities, bowling, dancing, billiards, all kinds of clubs (most free with Villages
ID), GOLF/GOLF/GOLF and so much more!!! Soon we will learn Pickle Ball. It's definitely very
one of the two Town Squares (Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing), Katie Belle's, Savannah
Center, the Church on the Square (COTS - box office & purchase at the door events) ) or all
venues; upcoming scheduled entertainment
- The Villages Box
Office (purchase tickets online - Savannah & Church on the Square
box office events (or purchase in person at one of the multiple box offices in The Villages))
- Classes and Other Rec Center Events (All require Villages ID)
- VCDD Recreational
News ( format)
-- nice format for viewing; downloads much faster; this listing is VERY comprehensive for clubs'
Move Around the document:
Next Page - clicking the lower right or
left corner OR click the right or left arrow near
the bottom left of the page.
Toggle zoom in and out on the page (closer view) -
double click page OR click
Look somewhere else on same page - click and hold down left mouse button as
you move the cursor OR use left and bottom scroll bars
Downsides of the new format:
Harder to go to a later page quickly; Someday they will probably
add a GO TO a
particular page capability which would allow you to go half way down and
You no longer have the capability to copy text
Centers: top half; Clubs listings: about half way down
Paper Copy: Pick up the Thursday Daily Sun newspaper for a paper
- Other Calendars
- Golf The Villages -
dedicated to golf at The Villages; upcoming events; requesting tee times info, retail, handicaps,
golf lessons, custom clubs, tennis and pool info
- Telephone Automated Tee Time System
(requires your Villages ID and pin - as an owner or Villages Renter; $50
ID fee for renters)
- Telephone Numbers
- Men's and Ladies'
Day - Golf Scrambles
(tee times & reserve for scrambles: 753-4653 (have your Member
ID# & Personal ID # ready))
Golf - Course Closures (May-Sept. and Dec.)
and Ladies' Day Pairings (days when you can register)
- Golf Events Calendar
Courses (30 at last update)
- Green fees per 9-hole play - aka 'Guest
fees' - free with a Villages ID; two Villages IDs allowed by The
Villages per household (owner or renter)
- Trail fees per 9-hole play always applies unless you purchase the annual or 6-month trail
fee; also not applicable when you walk the course rather than using a golf cart.
/ 6-month Trail Fees - Executive Golf Courses,
For expiration information - the tee time reservation system under Option 9
and entering “2” to
hear membership information OR via “change personalized settings” link within
www.thevillages.net Tee Time System (additional info on golfthevillages.com);
Note: Annual trail fee included when you buy Priority
Golf membership enhancement.
Golf Courses (11 at last update, many with 27 holes)
Video Library - includes video golf tips ++
- Tee Time System - help line 352 753-4653
- Villages Golf Academy 352 259-8121
- Custom Club Shop
- Palmer Legends Golf Academy 352 753-5310
- Sarasota Golf Practice Center 352 259-2080
- Executive Golf Course Ratings
(remember, even the Level 1 courses are challenging from the black tees)
- Level 1 - Chula Vista, El Santiago, Turtle Mound
- Level 2 - Bogart, Hawkes Bay, Saddlebrook, Hill Top, Sandhill, Pimlico, Silver Lake, De la
- Level 3 - Churchill Greens, Bonita Pass, El Diablo, Briarwood, Heron, Mira Mesa, Redfish Run,
Oakleigh, Walnut Grove, Yankee Clipper
- Level 4 - Amberwood, Bacall, Pelican, Roosevelt, Tarpon Boil, Southern Star, Belmont, Truman
- TBD - Palmetto
- Practice Ranges
- Palmer Legends Country Club 352 753-5300
- Sarasota Golf Practice Center 352 750-8320
- Lopez Legacy Country Club 352 753-1450
- Glenview Champions Country Club 352 753-3345
- The Villages Gourmet Club created this GREAT list (& member reviews):
- Page 1 - in The Villages
- Page 2 - within 30 miles
of the Villages
- Page 3 - away from the
Villages (e.g. Orlando, Gainesville ++) - all with reviews
- Recipes from club
- Movie Theatre Schedules:
- VCDD / Village Community
Development Districts - www.districtgov.org/
- YouTube Videos (including 'The Building of Brownwood')
Video Library - from golf tips to activity reviews to restaurant videos
to the Lifelong Learning College as well as sales videos about The Villages. [Discovery Oct. 2010
- very cool!]
- The Villages Magazine available
As of Jan. 09, find archived copies at:
"08 In Review"
or - change the link for a different date:
Feb. 2010 (mmyy)
You can move to older or more recent magazines by changing the red date in the Web address:
1108 is Nov 2008
0109 is Jan 2009 and so on.
It started in Jan. 2008.
INSTRUCTIONS: Click on the page where you want to Magnify, click again to de-magnify. You don't
have to use the ‘+’and ‘–‘ buttons. Once you magnify, you can click/drag
to move your view on the page. Enjoy - it's got great articles
- Villages Singles
- Villages IDs / Guest IDs
IDs for Residents (for The Villages homeowners)
Residency for Non-Owners (The Villages renters)
- The Villages Guest IDs
(The Villages homeowners/renters guests)
- Rec Center Map & Guide
(.pdf) (6.6MB) (includes Maps
to Regional Rec Centers)
- Transportation Shuttle Service / Airport
(100806 they "strongly suggest that you make your shuttle reservations
by coming into our station")
- The Villages.net - "Your
'on-line' community designed specifically for your 'Active Lifestyle'". Featuring:
connectivity available through local connection telephone number
Event Schedules Golf Tee Time System Online
Our Recommendation: If you don't need the other services, use this site
for the tee time system: $8/mo. - it is much easier to use, esp for tee times in
less than 4 da from now.
- The Villages Lifelong
Learning College (see
link to Courses Available fr that page)
Villages (annual summer activities for Village residents and
their grandchildren) (video)
- Foreign Film Club
- The Villages Polo Club (This
is TOO much fun!! Yes, real Polo with horses!!)
Per their Web site: (dates vary - check their schedule)
Fall 2010 Season:
October 1 through December 5
Mid March through the end of May
in The Villages Daily Sun (and interesting Villages Facts & Figures)
- Villages Related Sites
- The Villages Homeowners Association
- CBS News - Sunday Morning Show - Highlighting Golf
- The Villages Daily Sun - online newspaper
- The Villages Woodworkers Club
- The Villages Computer Club
- The Villages Parks
(resources: http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/app/files/recnews.pdf July
- Boone Park — 1 picnic table, trash receptacle, cement bench, grill, dock, cabana
- Schwartz Park — 1 picnic table, trash receptacle, 2 cement benches, 3 docks, cabana
- Paradise Lake — 2 benches, 4 picnic tables, 3 trash receptacles
- Paradise Dog Park — open 7 a.m.-dusk. Separate areas for small and large dogs.
- Lake Mira Mar — 3 benches, floating dock
- Springdale Fitness Trail — golf cart parking, 1/2 mile 9 station course
- Springdale Walking Trail — golf car parking, 1.3 mile walking trail
- Sunset Park — Sunset observation parking, panoramic view of Lake Sumter and Lake Sumter Landing
- Wilkerson Creek — Scenic walk along Wilkerson Creek, assorted landscape features including ornamentals, various species
of trees and aquatic vegetation, including a blueberry patch (seasonal)
- Wilkerson Creek Children’s Playground — Children’s park featuring child safe playground equipment with
benches and a picnic pavilion.
- Ashland Park — 1 picnic table, scenic lake view
- Golfview Lake — 6 picnic tables, deck
- Lake Miona Fitness Trail — 9-station, outdoor fitness course.
- Mulberry Dog Park — open 7 a.m.-dusk. Separate areas for small and large do
- Golf Tournament
Formats - about.com
- Moving to Florida
- State of Florida - Motor Vehicle Services (drivers
license & vehicle registration)
- Homesteading in Florida - www.sumterpa.com
The Villages office: Hwy 466 and Morse Blvd - behind the Sheriff's office (call to confirm when you need these services)
- Do you own a home in The Villages - have your visitors rent our home - for longer stays or when they
are considering buying in The Villages (we
will do a short-term rental at times that we are between long-term rentals).
- Walking Florida - have you heard of Volkssport? There are lots of available nature and town walks you might enjoy.
Volksport List of Year Round
Events (YRE) - ordered by location
Attractions Within 1 - 2 hours drive away:
- According to The Villages Location Web
- 55 miles from Orlando
- 57 miles from Disney World
- 59 miles from Sea World
- 24 miles from Ocala and Silver Springs
- 77 miles from Daytona Beach
- 96 miles from Kennedy Space Center
- 93 miles from Clearwater/Tampa
- 281 miles from Miami
- Beaches / Near the Beach - East Coast
- Beaches / Near the Beach - West Coast
- The Florida Strawberry Festival® / Plant City,
Attractions Within 2 - 3 hours drive away:
Rates subject to change.
|Helpful Notes / Information
The Villages Online Automated Tee Time System
The owner recommends you established a thevillages.net account $8.00/month while renting our home. We will be
glad to provide instructions for the tee time system. It is especially good for looking at all available tee times at courses
you choose and for a period of within the next three days. During high season, it becomes more important to use the 4-7 day tee
time request and The Villages recommends you set a four hour time span and select sixteen courses in your 4-7 day request. It
is easy to get a tee time in the off-season. You can normally find what you want in the next three days or even walk on to play.
Other How-To's / Informational:
sources: recnews.pdf, thevillageswaterwisdom.com, districtgov.org ++
- Golf How-To's - see golfthevillages.com
- The Villages Homeowners Association (VHA)
- Save Water
- The Villages Water Wisdom
- Strategies for Reducing Water Use (pdf) - includes seasonal recommended zone run times.
- Irrigation Schedule for Lake County Residents (source)
Nov./First Sunday through March/Second Sunday - residents are only allowed
to water once per week in accordance to the schedule below.
Of course, all residents are reminded that they can skip that designated day if their lawn receives rainfall.
- Odd-numbered address can water on Saturday
- Even-numbered addresses can water on Sunday
- CDD (Community Development District Orientation) -“Introduction to your Special Purpose
Local Government” -
learn how the districts operate and learn other important community information
- No sign-ups or fees are required
- Every Thurs./10:00 a.m. - 3201 Wedgewood
Lane, in the Conference Room at the east end of the building next to the Customer Service Center.
- Call 352-753-4508 for additional information.
- District/Phase Map
- Employment Opportunities
- Facility Rental for special occasions or events
- CIC (Community Improvement Council)
- Adopt-A-Bench Program - honor or remember a loved one or to promote a club or organization. The idea was
submitted to the CIC. For more information contact Customer
Service Center at 352-753-4508.
- Golf Cart Tunnel Identification Program - this program's signs are posted at the entrance to
all tunnels; they state both the GRID number associated with an emergency grid map, and the location
of the tunnel; will assist responders to a medical emergency, an accident, or to a golf cart breakdown.
The idea was submitted to the CIC. Implementation became a collaborative effort with The Villages Homeowner’s
Association who funded the project.
- Resident Academy - six-week program that gives residents an in-depth look at their local government
and the various District departments; approx. two hours
each week; For more information or to sign up call Customer Service Center at 3201 Wedgewood Lane or call (352)
- Street Listing Chart - includes
Street Name, Village location, County location, District Number
- Village Neighborhoods by County
- Lost & Found -
Depending on where items are found:
- Inexpensive items will be held for 15 days at La Hacienda or Laurel Manor
Regional Recreation Centers.
- Valuables will be immediately turned over to the Lady Lake Police Department,
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office, or Marion County Sheriff’s Office.
- After 2 weeks unclaimed items
will be donated to local charities.
- The Recreation Department is not responsible for lost items.
- Pets must be leashed at all times
- Always pick up after your pets
- Only certified service animals allowed in the recreation centers
- Pets not allowed:
- In Pool areas
- On the softball fields
- AED – Automated External Defibrillators (source)
Located at all Regional and Village Recreation
Centers, Sports Pools, Softball Complexes and District Offices
- Golf Cart Rules
- See see recnews.pdf for
- Fitness Clubs
- Boat Tours
- Guest Guidelines
- Listing by Rec Center - Center info, area map, WIFI Internet access availability, activities by day/time,
club vs open play
- Listing by Activity (approx. pg 30)
- Overview of upcoming Rec Center Activities by Rec Center (approx pg 31)
For all rentals
$130 cleaning and ID fees (for golf and other privileges) apply.
Security deposit applies.
2 Bedroom / 2 Bath stick-built home - king and queen beds
Security deposit applies.
Sorry, no children, no smoking and no pets. Per The Villages regulations, children visiting
can stay a maximum of 30 days in this Over 55 Active Adult Community.
May - Sept are a great time of year: lower golf fees, longer days,
reduced crowds everywhere & yet beautiful! Also the Spring
and Fall Polo Seasons apply then (see 'October and
November' for approx. schedules).
Summer - Enjoy great summer afternoon storms that make the MOST AMAZING sunsets plus LONG golf days. It makes summer
a great time to rent. You are not very far from both beaches - Gulf of Mexico (great white sand) and
the Atlantic (more waves
and drive on Daytona Beach). Twilight Golf - great discounts on
the Championship 18-hole courses.
October and November - the days are getting shorter but the beaches are a lot less crowded. Polo times at The Villages:
Mid September through the end of November
Spring Season: Mid March through the end of May
High Season (Jan. - Mar.) - plan well and you'll do fine in both tee times (use the 4-7 day tee time request) and
restaurants (go early or late
or off-site of The Villages. There's even more activities to accommodate the larger crowds which is a
good thing. December
has nightly great holiday events at the Church on the Square. It is good but cost more and is more crowded
enjoy then, too. Catch some great entertainment at the Savannah play house all year.
Short-Term Rental Option
Over six consecutive month (by at least one day) resort
rental, including Jan.-Mar.
Starting April 2015:
We are asking for a six month and one day rental or more (the one day gets rid of certain taxes). Shorter rentals will be considered
if the home is not already rented. The six month and one day rental would be furnished including linens and kitchen needs (pots
and pans etc.).
Six Months and One Day Rates:
- Including Jan. through March high season - $2350 per month plus one day at $70 (plus cleaning & ID fees)
- Not including Jan. through March (for the more relaxed and less expensive months (in many ways) - we will negotiate
an even lower monthly rate for six months and one day. Your circumstances just depends on whether you are coming
here to escape the cold winters of North America and Canada or if you are coming just to enjoy The Villages as
many UK visitors do. You can rent six months and one day and not physically be here all of that time.
- Homeowner provides high speed Internet connectivity, Online Tee Time System, 2 golf pull carts
- Furnished home, including all linens and kitchen cooking needs (pots and pans, etc.)
Come see it!
We'd be pleased to meet you there and show you the home. If you are in The Villages
between April 1st and the end of December (or could make that happen) and if our home is not rented, please consider
coming to see our rental home. Contact us and set a date/time to see it and check out the possibilities while
you are here.
|Short-term Resort Rental Rates
Monthly and weekly rates,
where applicable, all include taxes and all utilities, premium cable TV and high speed wireless Internet connectivity.
||Rate INCLUDING TAX
ALL Rates Include
Premium Cable TV,
Hi-Speed Wireless Internet,
Online Tee Time System (set
tee times for 10
and 30 Executive Golf Courses
in The Villages as well as
Executive Men's and Ladies'
Day league play ) ,
and Glorious golf and sunset view from both the living room and the large screened verandah.
Because it is on the older side of The Villages, you have easy golf cart access to most entertainment venues
- Church on the Square, Katie Belle's, Savannah, Hacienda Hills CC Restaurant and Tierra Del Sol CC Restaurant
(not to mention the free nightly entertainment on the Spanish Springs Square, lots of nearby very nice golf
courses and many lovely neighborhood pools to choose from). Lake Sumter Square is just a bit farther. Brownwood
Square is quite a distance from most homes in the Villages at this time but worth the car ride out. All three
squares have free nightly entertainment.
| May - Sept.
Oct. - Nov.
May - Sept.
Oct. - Nov.
May - Sept.
Oct. - Nov.
|$130 cleaning and ID fees (for golf and other privileges) apply.
Security deposit applies.
May - Sept are a great time of year: lower golf fees, longer
days, reduced crowds everywhere & yet beautiful! Also the Spring
and Fall Polo Seasons apply then
(see 'October and November' for approx. schedules).
Summer - Enjoy great summer afternoon storms that make the MOST AMAZING sunsets plus LONG golf days. It
a great time to rent. You are not very far from both beaches - Gulf of Mexico (great
white sand) and the Atlantic (more waves
and drive on Daytona Beach). Twilight Golf -
great discounts on the Championship 18-hole courses.
October and November - the days are getting shorter but the beaches are a lot less crowded. Polo times at
Mid September through the end of November
Spring Season: Mid March through the end of May
High Season (Jan. - Mar.) - plan well and you'll do fine in both tee times (use the 4-7 day tee time request)
and restaurants (go early or late
or off-site of The Villages. There's even more activities to accommodate the larger
crowds which is a good thing. December
has nightly great holiday events at the Church on the Square. It is good but cost
more and is more crowded but you'll
enjoy then, too. Catch some great entertainment at the Savannah play house all year.
2 Bedroom / 2 Bath stick-built home - king and queen beds
We will consider short-term rentals at times that we are between long-term rentals.
Security deposit applies. For long term rentals, we will consider a pet on a case by
Sorry, no children, no smoking. Per The Villages regulations, children visiting can stay a maximum of 30
days in this Over 55 Active Adult Community.
|Long Term Rates We
will consider a Long
Term Rental Furnished (one year agreement)
- $1400 per month Requires 12 month rental agreement
(will consider over 6 and under 12 month agreement with higher monthly rate)
- Utilities and Villages ID are to be paid by the renter
- Lawn maintenance and Villages Amenities fees paid by the homeowner