This site-built, golf front Florida house for rent is a short golf cart ride over the highway on the golf cart bridge
to Spanish Springs Town Square in "the best retirement golf community of all" (that's
our opinion and a lot of Villagers' opinions). Our home is available for short or long term rental options.
Our new veranda floor by Artisticrete - love how it came out (Nov 2012)!
Our favorite feature is the glorious view of sunset and sitting out on the verandah
early in the morning to watch early golfers come by. We had the house plan turned around when we built it so that
the living room and its big windows face the golf course. You can even catch a glance of the golf course and
sunset views from the kitchen window, too. When the weather permits windows and both French doors (to the verandah)
to be open, it creates a very open and airy feeling you will enjoy.
The guest bath has a bathtub and the master bath has a large standup shower both with sturdy grab bars. We had the
grab bars installed as the house was being built. The utility room has a full-size washer and dryer right off of
the kitchen and is under heat and a/c. The home has all the comforts of home. We decorated for warmth and comfort
and the comments in our guest book confirm that we've achieved our goal.
and Living Room Golf View
We use the verandah all year with its large space, view of the golf course and paddle fan. You can cook on the grill
out there. We can't emphasize it enough, sunset is gorgeous from the screened room and from the living room. Our
home looks at a putting green of the Silver Lake Executive Golf Course and is east of Hwy 441.
You can also see two tee boxes not too far away. It's fun watching the golfers but also the variety of golf carts
that go by. Fun!
| Living Room
17' * 25'
10' x 9'
Golf course view
Sofa and Love Seat
Full-size car Carport and lockable golf
cart garage (can fit two golf carts)
10' * 22' golf &
1200 appr sq. ft
|15' x 13'
King size bed
Lg walk-in & 2nd closet
11' x 13'
Queen size bed
Tub / Shower
1 mile walk distance
to nearby neighborhood pool
with hot tub
Updates since this photo:
There is now a flat screen TV with HD in both the living room and master bedroom.
patio furniture and patio floor have been updated
We now have blinds on the verandah to keep out the afternoon sun
until sunset is glorious.
- In the Village of Silver Lake, The Villages, FL 32159 - an active adult gated retirement community (the BEST as we see
it and we're pretty sure you will agree!!)
- Golf course home - living room and verandah view of putting and next tee box
- NO HOUSES BEHIND!!! Look out over 8th hole putting of the Silver Lake Executive Golf Course
- LARGE verandah/screen room faces the golf course and spectacular sunsets
- Patio - Gas grill, two lounge chairs, paddle fan, table with four chairs, sun blinds, and new
red brick decorative floor on the screened verandah
- 2 bedroom; 2 bath; living/dining room; fully equipped kitchen,
- Inside full washer and dryer under heat and air (not in the garage)
- 1 car carport and golf cart utility garage
- High Speed WIRELESS Internet connection in home (multiple users can log into the network)
- Flat screen TV in living room and master bedroom
- King bed in master bedroom and queen bed in second bedroom
- Master bath - large standup shower with strong grab bar installed when we built the house
- Guest bath - full bathtub/shower with strong grab bar installed when we built the house
- Full washer and dryer within air conditioned home (not in a garage)
- Kitchen appliances - refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, disposal, microwave
- Furnished - Furniture, Kitchen utensils and linens, bedroom and bath linens
- Neutral color décor (see lots of photos following)
- Two pull golf carts available for your use while renting. Executive golf courses (32 of them) have no fee if you walk on.You
do need to get a tee time in advance.
As you will see in our comment book, prior renters tell us how they really enjoyed just relaxing on the verandah
and watching the golfers go by. The view is wide open, with obviously no houses behind us, but also there are no
trees on the golf course to block the golf and sunset views except some lovely old oaks silhouetted against the sunset.
You will enjoy it, too!
Come see it!
We'd be pleased to meet you there and show you the home. If you are in The Villages between April 1st and the end of December
(or could make that happen) and if our home is not rented, please consider coming to see our rental home. Contact us and set
a date/time to see it and check out the possibilities while you are here.
The Villages Online Tee Time System included
The owner provides the Online Tee Time System (thevillages.net account). The value is only $8.00/month
but by providing it, it saves you the trouble of standing in line to set it up and you can hit the ground running
using it. We provide instructions for the Online Tee Time System. It is especially good for looking at all available
tee times at courses you choose (within the next 3 days) and for creating a request for a tee time four to seven days
from today. The 4-7 day request is the best way to go during high season. The Villages recommends including
these when making a 4-7 day in advance tee time request for Executive Course play:
- 16 courses with your favorite choice at the top and least at bottom
- A four hour time span
It is easy to get a tee time in the off-season. You can normally find what you want in the next three days or even
walk on to play.
Aerial View of Our Home on Silver Lake Executive Golf Course
the photos to the right and below for the nearest (adults only) neighborhood pool to our rent home. You have free
access to enjoy it while renting and with your Villages ID. There are many other pools you have access to but this
is the closest and the only neighborhood pool with a hot tub. We’ve
walked it in the past and it’s not a bad walk. By car we measured it right at one mile not as the crow flies.There's
a nice covered area with tables. We love to sit in the hot tub for a while then go into the pool then back into the
hot tub. It's exhilarating.
you purchase the Priority Pool upgrade ($260
for one year), you can go to the nearby Orange Blossom Hills and Hacienda Hills Country Club pools that both have
hot tubs (or ANY country club pool).They are the only two Country Club pools that have hot tubs and are both a very
short golf cart ride from our rental home. Application
The nearest Family Pool is Paradise. It is right by the Paradise shuffleboard courts.
Nearby Entertainment Venues
Our rental home is very near all of the multiple major entertainment venues:
- Katie Belle’s Spanish Springs Town Square - great late night entertainment / dancing (closing May 1, 2015 for renovations)
- 'The Sharon' (Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center) - Spanish Springs Town Square - Quality & variety in entertainment. Rright in nearby Spanish Springs, an
easy golf cart ride from our rent home, you can enjoy all The Sharon will bring in topnotch entertainment.
Regional Center - Plays & Performers (we saw The Lettermen, Mel Tillis, 42nd Street and Hello Dolly
and a song/dance show of people from 'American Idol' & 'So You Think You Can Dance', (created by Louis Van
Amstel) at the Savannah. We heard The Drifters were great but we had to miss it.
- Tierra Del Sol - Opera Night usually once a month during high
season; singing waiters at other times.
- Hacienda Regional Center - Often there is ballroom dancing events here, too, if you like that
- Rialto Movie Theatres On Spanish Springs Town Square - VERY comfortable seats
and great new shows you want to see on the big screen while they are there
There are others like Lake Sumter Landing town square and Brownwood town square that are easily accessible by
golf cart and auto, respectively. The new Brownwood center is fun but a long way even from Lake Sumter.
Nearest Championship Golf Courses
rental home is near some of the prettiest courses of the original Villages. All year, they are the least
expensive because they are older, not because they are less challenging or less pretty.
These great original Villages Championship Golf courses beautiful (and challenging) courses, with their mature trees
and lovely landscaping, are nearest our rental home:
- Orange Blossom Hills CC (if you only play 9 holes, we like the back 9 the best) - recently renovated to be even
nicer and due to reopen in Oct. 2014.
- Glenview CC (our favorite for beautiful Country Club (CC) restaurant but
they are all nice)
- Hacienda Hills CC
- Tierra Del Sol CC (we especially love the back 9 - it is BEAUTIFUL natural Florida )
- [Nancy] Lopez Legacy is near the Mulberry Rec Center and a bit of a distance but not too far and a lovely golf
cart ride out. Cane Garden is not too far beyond Sumter Lake Town Center and Lake Miona Rec Center and not a bad
golf cart ride out. Mallory Hill is about even with Cane Garden except to the East and Cane Garden is to the West.
CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF RATES - See our Golf Section below
links to current rates both summer and winter.
Nearest Executive Golf Courses
Because of the lovely beauty of their mature
trees, you probably will find these original Villages Executive Golf Courses your favorites as we do:
- Silver Lake (photo right)- long fairways (two par 4 holes); the only course that you can drive
a golf cart on, even on the par 3 holes, without a handicap tag
- Hilltop - beautiful panoramic hill view
- Mira Mesa - our favorite for beauty - it winds among the houses and trees; again two par 4 holes
- Chula Vista - was plain when it was built but now has matured with the lovely trees and lake view that it's great.
- De La Vista - definitely a challenging course with two long par 4 holes and many long par 3 holes
- easiest of the seven nearby courses but is still challenging from the black tees and excellent if you are new
at golf from the green and gold tees
- El Diablo - the devil you say... try it, you'll like it
Of course there’s
lots more Executive Golf Courses (32 now) that you have access to. The green fees are fully waived with your Villages
ID. If you purchase the annual trail fee (about $141.00 per year), you will not pay anything in the way of cart fee
on any of the Executive Courses for the year.
Whether golfing the nearby courses or the distant courses, if you choose to walk an Executive course (most are GREAT
for that), you can easily drive to it and use the pull carts that we've left in the utility garage for our renters
use. We've used walking the Executive Golf Courses as a non-exercise type of exercise for our health. It's 'non-exercise'
because it is such a pleasant way to exercise, it doesn't seem like exercise at all. Be sure to walk fast for the
best exercise benefit.
Nearest Other Sports / Activities (including nearby RESTAURANTS)
While out & about, you have access to
all of The Villages Rec Centers and neighbor/family pools with the Villages ID card, these are just the closest.
- Eating (a great activity...) - some of our favorites:
- NY Athens - Spanish Springs
(great breakfast specials, too)
- Takis (Greek & Italian) Restaurant (near Beall's; very good food! menu
link on 441
- Mexican - Ay! Jalisco - Spanish Springs
- Thai - Thai Ruby - Lake Sumter
- Favorite Country Club - Glenview (best decor and golf view) and Hacienda Hills (lovely and great
- Carrabas Restaurant
- Moe's Burrito Restaurant
- Chili's (frozen margaritas 2 for 1 all day every day last we checked)
- Cracker Barrel
- Starbucks, TouJays and Panera Bread to name a few more on Spanish Springs square
- So many more in the area - See several 'The Villages
Gourmet Club' links at LINKS - (Comprehensive
list - restaurants in The Villages and outside The Villages)
- Great and near but NOT accessible via golf cart:
St. Johns Seafood and Oakwoods (Barbeque)
- Billiards - Silver Lake
- Tennis - Silver Lake
- Adult Pool - South side
- Family Pool - Paradise
- Pickle Ball
- Chula Vista (6 PB courts (maybe more, not sure...)
- El Santiago (6 PB courts)
- Hacienda Regional Rec Center (under renovation - not sure)
- Outdoor Bars (another fun activity...)
- NY Athens (often with live entertainment)
- Luigino's Restaurant
- City Fire (Best Singles Hangout?) - Lake Sumter
- Red Sauce - Lake Sumter
- Woodshop (Rolling Acres - there's a way by golf cart through Mira Mesa but best to drive)
- Sports Pool (Water Aerobics ++) - Hacienda (under construction); Savannah
- Bocce - Paradise
- Archery - Paradise
- Shuffleboard - Paradise (lighted at night)
- Petanqeu - Paradise
- Movie Theater - The Rialto (Spanish
(8 theaters - very comfortable seats)
(both at Spanish Springs)
- Also see Activity Links for more nearby activities
Shopping is easy from our rental home. Our home
is very close to many stores accessible by golf cart day or night including Staples, Circuit City, Target, Petco, Publix, Wynn-Dixie,
Regional Hospital, and Kohl's. We more recently discovered that we can now get to Lowes,
Walmart, and Beall's (Dept. Store), via golf cart. We're excited! You are even close to
medical offices and the regional hospital.
Images - Nearby Fun Things To Do
Remote Control Boats - Lake Mira Mar by Spanish Springs Town Center. You can also register for the monthly kayak
ride on this lake through Savannah Rec Center.
Cruise Ins - on Spanish Springs Town Square - Takes me back!! Lovely. Also a Farmers Market every Thursday; Plus
Vendor Nights: Spanish Springs on Mon and Wed.; Lake Sumter on Tues and Thurs
Paradise Park: A lovely recently added walk path by the lake; Also Petanqeu (Pe-Tonk) - it is
like bocce but played on the dirt ground; Also Paradise Park Dog Park -
view through the fence and the Golf Cart bridge over Hwy 441 & 27
Early Morning Golf at Mira Mesa Executive Golf Course (first hole looking towards the lake) - Had to get that
golf in again... Mira Mesa has our vote for prettiest Executive golf course
Old Oak - on Orange Blossom Hills Championship Golf Course (can you tell that I love the beauty as much as the
7th Hole - Chula Vista Executive Golf Course
Ever wanted to learn archery? Become an active member of The Villages Archery Club and learn and help others
learn! (Near Paradise Park)
Bring Your Bike - photo taken by Hacienda Hills Championship Golf Course
Transportation - golf cart rental automobile
rental RV Storagel
There are two transportation considerations for you to make for your visit to The Villages and our rental home:
- Golf Cart Rental
We will be glad to provide a list of known golf
cart rental companies or individuals and their contact info. You definitely should rent or purchase a golf
cart. It's great for golf, of course, to have your own in The Villages but is also a main mode of transportation
around The Villages. Note, most deliver the golf cart to our rental home for you and pick it up again when you
end your rental with us so it can be very easy for you.You can get to SO much by golf cart, it's is amazing. Be
sure and figure out how to get to Cracker Barrel, Beall's Dept. Store and Lowes from our rental home via golf
cart. Let us know if you want help finding the way.
Whether you rent or own a golf cart while living in The Villages, you might consider renting a 4-seater golf
cart when you have company. We recommend you be sure it has a curved bar in the back for back-seat people to
hang on to and also check how the golf bags go on, if you are golfers. They're really great for conversation
while moving around The Villages and can be less expensive if you split that cost between two couples. Maybe
you can trade your golf cart in temporarily for a 4-seater when you have company and just pay the difference.
It's worth checking. You probably cannot do this during high season.
- Automobile Rental vs Airport Shuttle
You may be able to bypass renting an automobile entirely or just rent it for short periods for day trips because
you have access to so much via golf carts within The Villages. These are the two airport shuttles to & from
the Orlando International Airport that you and/or your guests might want to use during your stay.
We have visitors coming so checked car rental rates - it costs up to twice as much to rent at the airport versus
at a auto rental in the villages.
- RVs (Recreational Vehicles) (all very near our rent home)
- The Villages RV Storage - Contact The Villages Customer Service Center on Wedgewood
- Rolling Acres near the Woodshop
- The Villages RV Storage - El Camino Real
- Recreation Plantation RV Resort - Rolling Acres & 466
- Taxi Service - The Villages Transportation - "Take advantage of our taxi service and get around The Villages or nearby locations for one flat rate." For "Doctor's appointments, Shop around town, Night out with friends and many more places...." 352 259-0121